The Book of Virtues of Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra)
We have been asked to write a book for the purpose of introducing the English speaking Muslim community to the virtues and high status of the companion of Rasul-Allah (saw) and his successor, the first Caliph of Islam, Hazrat Abu Bakr ibn abi Quhafah.
We observed that the Muslim community in the west was not familiar with the companions generally and we also noticed that people today tend to not make an effort to learn religion from authentic and traditional sources, they would rather browse the internet for knowledge. However, as the intelligent reader knows, the internet is filled with deviant writings of misguided individuals with sectarian agendas. It is a trap for any Muslim who has not fortified his beliefs with the Qur’an and Sunnah.
We wrote this book to solve this problem and called it “The Pure Confirmation of al-Siddiq’s Virtues”. We hope that the believers can benefit from our effort by Allah’s will and our only intention is to seek Allah’s pleasure through this work.
In this project we have decided to follow the way of the early scholars of Hadith. We divided the book into different chapters and including a number of adequate reports from the popular Islamic sources. Some chapters will include a single report whereas others will include many. Each report is listed under the name of the book we quoted it from as well as its Arabic text. This makes the job of the researcher easier when looking them up in their respective sources.
Initially the plan was to write a book containing only what the author deems authentic but we soon realized the difficulty of this task. We instead decided to include every virtue for Hazrat Abu Bakr in the books of Hadith. This also proved to be very difficult as we were surprised by the large number of reports praising him and so finally we decided to include only some of his virtues which we picked and translated as accurately as we could.
This English book of Hadith is estimated to contain about a fourth of the virtues of Hazrat Abu Bakr that we came across during the research, should any of our Arabic speaking readers be interested in finding the rest we suggest the following works:
-Al-Tabaqat al-Kubra by Ibn Sa`d, under the chapter of Hazrat Abu Bakr.
-Fada’il al-Sahabah by Ahmad, under the section on Hazrat Abu Bakr.
-Tarikh Dimashq by Ibn `Asakir, under the biography of Hazrat Abu Bakr.
-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn by al-Hakim, under Hazrat Abu Bakr’s biography.
-Al-Riyad al-Nadirah by al-Muhibb, check the part on Hazrat Abu Bakr.
-Al-Rawd al-Aniq by Ibn Zinjawayh, a book regarding Hazrat Abu Bakr’s superiority.
1. HIS NAME AND LINEAGE
2. HIS EARLY ISLAM
3. HIS CONSTANT COMPANY OF RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
4. HIS FAMILY’S SERVICE TO RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
5. HIS HIGH STATUS IN THE SIGHT OF ALLAH (swt)
6. THAT HE WAS CALLED AL – SIDDIQ (The Truthful, Believing One) BY ALLAH (swt) AND HIS RASUL (saw)
7. THAT HE WAS CALLED AL – `ATIQ (The Delivered One) BY RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
8. THAT HE WAS CALLED AL – AWWAH (The Compassion ate One)
9. THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO BELIEVED RASUL – ALLAH (saw) WHILE OTHERS DOUBTED
10. THAT HIS FATHER, HIS SON AND GRAND – SON ALL EMBRACED ISLAM
11. THAT HE IS THE MOST BELOVED COMPANION OF THE PROPHET (saw)
12. THE HARDSHIPS AND RIDICULE HE HAD TO ENDURE ALONGSIDE RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
13. THAT HE ACCOMPANIED RASUL – ALLAH (saw) IN THE CAVE WHEN THEY TRAVELED
14. RASUL – ALLAH’S (saw) DU`A’ FOR ABU BAKR AND BILAL AFTER REACHING MADINAH
15. THAT HE WAS THE FIRST FREE MAN TO EMBRACE ISLAM
16. THAT HE WAS THE FIRST MAN TO SPEND HIS WEALTH FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH
17. THAT HE WAS THE FIRST TO MAKE JIHAD AND SACRIFICE HIMSELF FOR RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
18. THAT HE WAS THE FIRST MAN TO ANNOUNCE HIS ISLAM OPENLY
19. THAT HE WAS THE FIRST MAN TO BUILD A MASJID IN ISLAM
20. THAT HE WAS THE FIRST MAN RASUL – ALLAH (saw) CHOSE TO LEAD THE MUSLIMS TO HAJJ
21. THAT HE WAS THE FIRST TO COLLECT WHAT IS FOUND BETWEEN THE TWO COVERS OF THE QUR’AN
22. HIS SUPERIORITY IN THE SIGHT OF THE COMPANIONS AND FOLLOWERS
23. `ALI (ra) DECLARING THE SUPERIORITY OF ABU BAKR (ra)
24. THE OPINION OF `ALI’S (ra) CHILDREN ON ABU BAKR (ra)
25. THAT HE WAS ALWAYS AHEAD WHEN IT COMES TO SERVING ISLAM AND DOING GOOD
26. THAT HE WAS PROMISED HEAVEN BY RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
27. THAT HE IS PUNISHED FOR HIS SINS IN THE WORLDLY LIFE WHILE HIS REWARDS ARE SAVED FOR THE AFT ER – LIFE
28. THAT HE WILL BE THE FIRST TO ENTER HEAVEN FROM MUHAMMAD’S (saw) NATION
29. RASUL – ALLAH’S (saw) WISH THAT ABU BAKR (ra) WOULD ENTER FROM ALL GATES OF HEAVEN
30. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) WISHED FOR HIM TO EAT FROM THE FOWLS OF HEAVEN
31. THAT ALL THE DWELLERS OF HEAVEN SHALL CALL UPON HIM TO COME TO THEM
32. THAT ABU BAKR (ra) & `UMAR (ra) ARE MASTERS OF THE YOUNG AND ELDERLY OF PARADISE
33. THE MARRIAGE BETWEEN RASUL – ALLAH (saw) AND HIS DAUGHTER `A’ISHAH (ra)
34. HIS ANGER WHEN HIS DAUGHTER `AISHA (ra) CAUSED TROUBLE F OR RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
35. THAT HE LOVED TO MAKE RASUL – ALLAH (saw) HAPPY
36. ABOUT HIS KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
37. THAT HE USED TO ISSUE FATWA IN THE PRESENCE OF RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
38. THAT ALLAH ORDERED HIS APOSTLE (saw) TO CONSULT ABU BAKR (ra)
39. THAT HE HAD A GIFT WHEN IT CAME TO INTERPRETING DREAMS
40. THAT HE IS THE KEEPER OF RASUL – ALLAH’S (saw) SECRETS
41. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) NEVER SAW ANY SIGNS OF PRIDE FROM HIM
42. THAT ABU BAKR IS OF THE IMPORTANCE OF HEARING AND VISION IN ISLAM
43. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) LIKENED HIM T O THE PROPHETS AND ANGELS
44. THAT HE IS THE BEST MAN THAT EVER WALKED UNDER THE RISING OR SETTING SUN AFTER THE PROPHETS
45. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) ALWAYS ADVISED HIS COMPANION AND MADE SURE HE REMAINED ON THE PATH
46. THAT HE IS THE ONE IN CHARGE AFTER RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
47. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) CONSIDERED DIRECTLY APPOINTING ABU BAKR (ra) SO THAT NO ONE MAY DISAGREE
48. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) DREAMT OF THE SUCCESSION OF ABU BAKR (ra)
49. THAT IF RASUL – ALLAH (saw) WERE TO DIRECTLY APPOINT, HE WOULD APPOINT ABU BAKR (ra)
50. THAT HE HAD NO INTEREST IN RECEIVING LEADERSHIP OR OBTAINING AUTHORITY
51. THAT HE WAS NEVER INTERESTED IN CONDUCTING COMMERCE OR COLLECTING WEALTH
52. THE INHERITANCE OF RASUL – ALLAH (saw) AND HIS PROPERTY
53. THAT HE NEVER GAINED WEALTH OR RICHES DURING HIS KHILAF AH
54. THAT HE WAS THE ONE TO FILL THE POLITICAL GAP AND GUIDE THE NATION AFTER RASUL – ALLAH’S (saw) PASSING
55. `ALI (ra) & AL – ZUBAYR (ra) AND THE REASON FOR THEIR DELAY IN BAY`AH
56. THAT HE WAS A JUST RULER, NEVER JUDGING IN FAVOR OF HIS CLOSEST FRIENDS
57. THAT HE WOULD NOT ABUSE HIS POWER EVEN IN POSITION OF AUTHORITY
58. THAT HE FOLLOWED RASUL – ALLAH (saw) IN THE HOUR OF DIFFICULTY
59. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) APPOINTED HIM TO LEAD ARMIES AND DELEGATIONS
60. THAT HE WAS SUPPORTED BY THE GREATEST ANGELS DURING BATTLE
61. THAT ALLAH’S (swt) CREATIONS CONFIRMED THE HIGH STATUS OF AL – SIDDIQ
62. THAT THE LOVE OF THE FOUR SHALL NOT GATHER IN THE HEARTS OF HYPOCRITES
63. THAT HE FULFILLED WHAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) HAD PROMISED OR OWED FROM DEBTS AFTER HIS DEATH
64. THAT HE WOULD BUY THE WEAK MUSLIM SLAVES AND FREE THEM BY THE ORDERS OF RASUL – ALLAH (saw)
65. THE PEOPLE APPOINTED HIM TO LEAD PRAYER IN THE ABSENCE OF RASUL – ALLAH (saw) AND HE (saw) APPROVED AND PRAYED BEHIND HIM
66. THAT EVERY DOOR LEADING TO THE MASJID IS CLOSED EXCEPT HIS DOOR
67. THAT RASUL – ALLAH (saw) APPOINTED HIM TO LEAD THE PRAYER IN HIS PRESENCE
68. THAT HE WISHED TO BE BURIED NEXT TO RASUL – ALLAH (saw) AND IN THE SAME MANNER
69. THAT HE AND RASUL – ALLAH (saw) BOTH PASSED AWAY IN THE SAME AGE AND ON THE SAME DAY
DOWNLOAD THE PDF VERSION OF THIS BOOK:
The pure confirmation of al-Siddiq’s virtues